Welcome!

"Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size. But when I start to tell them, they think I'm telling lies. I say, It's in the reach of my arms, the span of my hips, the stride in my step, the curl of my lips. I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me." Maya Angelou

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

EveryTHING is Meaningless

"Meaningless! Meaningless! says the Teacher.  Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless." Ecclesiastes 1:2.  My pastor preached on Sunday about receiving God's abundance and overflow.  Explaining that money is means. Money is an instrument. Money is a tool.  "A feast is made for laughter, and wine makes life merry, but money is the answer for everything." Ecclesiastes 10:19 We must position ourselves and change our way of thinking in order to walk into our appointed, predestined blessings.  I prayed for my abundance and overflow as well as praying for others I consider important in my life for their prosperity.  But it was the depth of the content and understanding of getting to a place of being able to receive that abundance and use it according to His will that got my attention.

Well.  As I turned to study chapter 10 of Ecclesiastes tonight I became engrossed in the story line of the entire book.  As if I had never read it before.  The author in the book, searches for a purpose to his life.  After various pursuits, frustrated by not finding satisfactory answers, he discovers that happiness is in the Lord and in obeying His word.  What kind of life would we have without God?  It would be meaningless.  He realized that the ability to really, truly enjoy life is a gift from God.  He saw that God gives wisdom, knowledge and joy to a man who is good in His sight.  To the sinner, God might give the ability to gather and collect great wealth, but it will eventually end up in the hands of someone who is good before God.  So, in summary, labor without God's blessing is truly vanity and grasping for the wind.

In these times of economic uncertainty and struggle, we must not lose sight of what lessons can be learned from our own individual circumstances.  Struggling?  This might be your time to learn frugality and be a good steward of small things so that when your time comes, God will make you ruler of great things.  Have an abundance or overflow?  This might be your time to thank God by reaching back and giving your fellow believer a helping hand.  Being obedient sometimes will cause you to question your devotion and God's intentions for what you are going through.  When you have lack and God instructs you to give what you have and you know, that you know, that you know, this is all you have. Give anyway.  When you have an abundance, and God instructs you to give an amount that puts a serious dent in the entertainment fund, give anyway.  After all, everything is meaningless. It is best to enjoy the good from your work, but the ability to enjoy is a gift from God.  God will keep one who is so blessed busy with the joy of his heart.

During my own time of financial uncertainty, believing in reciprocity has gotten me through on occasion.  And is the hope that I cling to on this very day. "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, there is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9



Leaning on His everlasting arms...GN-AJoy

No comments:

Post a Comment