Welcome!

"Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size. But when I start to tell them, they think I'm telling lies. I say, It's in the reach of my arms, the span of my hips, the stride in my step, the curl of my lips. I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me." Maya Angelou

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Decisions

Don't you ever wonder maybe if you took a left turn instead of a right you could be someone different and change your life forever? I read a status on Facebook this morning, "It is in our moments of decision that our destiny is shaped." - Anthony Robbins.  It confirmed what my thoughts were as I rolled out of bed, any decision I make today, will determine my tomorrow.  No matter how small.
I made so many right turns, left turns, wrong turns and backwards turns that I was so dizzy I couldn't tell what direction I was going in! But one thing changed my life forever, I made a decision.  A decision to embrace my past as a learning experience to change my future. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.  That is what Mr. Albert Einstein says!  And it is the truth!  Why do we do that?  Because we are scared to step out on faith and MAKE A DECISION.  Decisions need to be made quickly.  Dwelling on something for too long prolongs and hinders your rational thinking.  Should you pray about it?  Sure.  You will get your answer when you ask the right question.   
Critical skills in leading and managing, whether leading and managing oneself, other individuals, groups or organizations, are skills in decision-making and problem solving.  This applies to your personal and professional life. How can you be a leader and you can't make a quick decision?  Someone who is depending on you does not have time to wait for you to consult your entire family and support group.  Be a leader, make a decision QUICKLY! Do not procrastinate. 
In today's society, well, in today's economy, we are faced with many difficult decisions.  Should I keep my home, can I afford my car, can I feed my children this week?  We can choose to accept that is just the way it is, or we can make a decision to turn it around.  Impossible?  Naw.  Not when you have a will to be better, do better and live better.  Why is it that some people are doing so much better than others in the same economy with the same choices?  Because the ones who are succeeding made a DECISION to do better.  That's all.  A made up mind is a dangerous one.  
You have the power to change your future.  And when you figure it out, share it.  As Nelson Mandela has said, "Sharing what you know is not an "Opportunity" it's a "Responsibility".  Give, and you shall receive, pressed down, shaken together and running over...All indecision's become decisions over time.  Make sure you are in control.
AJoy~GN
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11
www.anissajoytaylor.com 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment