Welcome!

"Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size. But when I start to tell them, they think I'm telling lies. I say, It's in the reach of my arms, the span of my hips, the stride in my step, the curl of my lips. I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me." Maya Angelou

Saturday, January 29, 2011

To Live Doesn't Mean You're Alive

"I fly with the stars in the skies, I am no longer trying to survive. I believe that life is a prize. But to live doesn't mean you're alive. Don't worry about me & who I fire. I get what I desire, It's my empire. And yes, I call the shots, I am the umpire, I sprinkle holy water upon the vampire.

In this very moment I'm king. In this very moment I slayed Goliath with a sling. This very moment I bring put it on everything, that I will retire with the ring and I will retire with the crown, Yes. No I'm not lucky I'm blessed, Yes. Clap for the heavyweight champ, Me, I fly with the stars in the skies. I am no longer trying to survive. I believe that life is a prize. But to live doesn't mean you're alive."

These are the words to Nicki Minaj's song, Moment 4 Life.  Yes, I like Nicki, LOL.  No matter how strange some may believe she is.  The words are powerful and a message that standing firm and believing in yourself does pay off, no matter what anyone says or who tries to stop you. We have to live our dreams for ourselves, not for anyone else.  Although we may encounter our own personal Goliaths, we must consistently perservere and strive for the ring, the crown, the prize.

Stop trying to live, and just do it.  Embrace life and each and every obstacle it may bring.  I pray I have this moment for life.  This moment of refreshing, of pure, unwavering faith in myself and the possiblities that life has to offer.  The world is there, for us to write our own verse to our own song.  Don't just live, but be alive. If that means reinventing who you are, or who you want to be, then do it.  Who says you can't?  Only those who are miserably unhappy with who they really are.  But that has nothing to do with you. They are fighting their own personal demons. Why do we allow someone elses insecurities to distort our very own personal visions and dreams?  That is their problem, not yours.  So get you gloves ready, fight your way out and be ALIVE.

Yep, it's my empire and I will get what I desire, because I call the shots since I am the umpire. I believe, why don't you? "The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be." ~ Oprah Winfrey
 AJoy ~
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." ~ Ephesians 2:10



No comments:

Post a Comment