Welcome!

"Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size. But when I start to tell them, they think I'm telling lies. I say, It's in the reach of my arms, the span of my hips, the stride in my step, the curl of my lips. I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me." Maya Angelou

Saturday, January 1, 2011

You Grow Girl!

So here we are, minutes into 2011 and I am reading tweets and watching my husband snore at the other end of the couch.  I have not written in a while, but felt that it was necessary to end the year with a word or two, or three...

A friend of mine posted something on her Facebook page a while ago and I was excited for her and replied, "you grow girl".  Meaning, that is alright, keep doing what you are doing and keep moving in the direction of "UP".  During this time, a few of us were in the preliminary stages of planning a women's conference.  I had no idea that this phrase would become the title!  But I really don't think there could have been a better fitting phrase.

You see.  We have been through a lot since I became friends with this group of women in 1999.  We have cried, laughed, married, divorced, partied, prayed, loved, graduated, given birth, over came sicknesses and buried loved ones.  But during all of this, one thing remained true.  We grew.  We grew in knowledge, empowerment, love.  We grew spiritually, intellectually, financially.  We grew closer to some people and we grew apart from others.  But, we grew.  And that is so definitive when you look back and reflect on the year behind us.  Growth is inevitable.  We grow in length, width and circumference, we grow figuratively and literally.  

But reflecting on the growth that I experienced the past 12 months, I can honestly say that I never anticipated I would be where I am right now.  No, it may not be where I want to be.  But my mindset is in a completely different place today, January 1, 2011 than it was January 1, 2010.  I am bolder, wiser, better.  I realize who I am and WHOSE I am.  I have grown into my thoughts so to speak.  My inner self, the person deep down who would come to life at night in my dreams has finally surfaced and is taking charge and center stage.  And she couldn't have come at a better time.  In 4 months, I will turn 40 years old and all I can say is WHAT TOOK SO LONG!  But everything happens in God's timing.  Everything has it's divine order.

I am so grateful for growth.  The growth I have experienced this past year and the growth that I anticipate will happen over the next 12 months.  I have warned my husband repeatedly that this will be a year of work.  Now that I know my purpose, my passion and my path, it's time to water those seeds that have been planted so a "growth spurt" can take place. 


"Whatever has been, has been and is finished. What is to be, is yours now to choose. " ~ Ralph Martson

So good bye 2010.  Good riddance.  I look forward to what Twenty-Eleven has in store for me.  "You Grow Girl".


~Ajoy~GN & Happy New Year! ~The only way to grow is UP!
"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" ~ 2 Peter 3:18

1 comment: