Welcome!

"Pretty women wonder where my secret lies. I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size. But when I start to tell them, they think I'm telling lies. I say, It's in the reach of my arms, the span of my hips, the stride in my step, the curl of my lips. I'm a woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me." Maya Angelou

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Number One

I read a tweet this morning by Ralph Marston that said: "You were born to be real, not to be perfect. You are here to be you, not to live someone else's life".  I realized that I had this very epiphany a few months back.

As I reflect back on the past year, well, the past FEW years, I can honestly say that being my true, real SELF was often avoided out of fear of not pleasing someone.  Don't get me wrong, I can be real enough at times and let myself "shine through", but being 100% true to myself and my wants, desires and needs took a back seat to people pleasing.  Not always those who are close to me.  But people who I needed to interact with on a daily basis.  But I thank God for being released from that bondage!

As soon as I realized that I could only be truly content and real at all times with complete transparency is when the blinders were removed and I recognized the error of my ways.  The first step towards transformation is renewing your mind. Changing your mindset and changing your thought patterns.  Transformation has to begin within.  And if we cannot find the inner strength to be real and live our own lives, then we will certainly live in complete utter darkness.

"Every thang ain't for everybody."  And that will be a motto I will have to hold near and dear as I embark in new ventures and new opportunities in 2011.  Everyone will not understand.  But, my life is not their life.  We were all given a destiny.  A unique, divinely appointed destiny that is as individually different as the hairs on our heads.

So whatever hopes, dreams or visions you have, are yours.  Run with them. Share them. Show them off. Who cares what anybody else thinks.  You are here to be you, not to live someone else's life. There is nothing more beautiful than knowing your worth. Sometimes you have to be your own #1!


AJoy ~ Blessings 

“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” Romans 12:2 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment